Thursday, March 26, 2009

Relief

Well, I found out this last week that I am into the Psych program. :) Though I haven't received "the letter", my adviser met with me and told me. Happy Days! This is much relief. If they had not approved my appeal, I would have had to find another major. So now the good news is that I will be graduating really soon.....2017! :) ha Long way off, but certainly manageable.

As long as I try not to compare myself to the average student, I'm fine. When I count up the number of classes I actually have left is when I get into trouble. I don't have that many classes to go, but taking them one class a semester is what extends it. I think about how fast I could be done, if I was a "normal" student. THEN, is when my mind starts to wander to "what it used to be like..."

Why does the grass always look greener on the other side? Why do I want my old brain back sometimes, when really I like my new, repaired brain so much better? In life, when you compare the old to the new, the old seems much more inviting. But in reality, when you examine the grass on that other side - it has just as many weeds. You just can't see them from a distance.

1 comment:

Sara said...

To the grad of 2017,

Congratulations!! You can do it!

Sara